Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 106 (County CI to First Street), between Fort Atkinson and Palmyra - Jefferson County
The project will address 4.9 miles of deteriorated pavement on WIS 106 between County CI and First Street. This project will pulverize the existing asphaltic pavement and overlay with 3.5-inches of asphalt pavement.
Additional improvements will include:
- 3-feet of existing gravel shoulder will be paved. Overall shoulder width will be reduced from 6-feet to 5-feet. This shoulder width will be reduced to eliminate grading beyond the existing shoulder due to profile of roadway being raised with overlay approximately 2-inches.
- The guardrail and end terminals adjacent to Mud Creek and the Scuppernong River will be replaced
- Some existing culvert pipes will be replaced during this project
- Installation of centerline rumble strips
- Installation of asphalt safety edge on the outside paved shoulders
- Installation of pavement marking
- Summer 2022 - Construction anticipated
WIS 106 will be closed to through traffic during construction and detoured. Flagging operations will be used for local traffic.
Jeremy M. Hall, P.E, WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843