Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 108 (Stan Olson Road to L Pfaff Road), West Salem to Melrose - La Crosse County
This project is 5.5 miles in length, begins at Stan Olson Road and ends at L Pfaff Road. This section of WIS 108 used to be CTY C, but was jurisdictionally transferred in March 2016 and is in need of safety improvements. The proposed undertaking is categorized as a Highway Safety Improvement Project (HSIP).
- Asphalt milling and paving
- Adding 3 foot paved shoulders
- Replacing the existing cable guard with standard guardrail
- Upgrading all sections of guardrail with turned-down end treatments with current standard guardrail and guardrail energy absorbing terminals.
- 2020 - Construction anticipated
The road will remain open and traffic will be managed with flagging operations.
Todd Waldo, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, La Crosse Office
3550 Mormon Coulee Road
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 785-9022
Fax: (608) 785-9969