Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 113 (WIS 60 to WIS 188), between Lodi and Merrimac - Columbia County
The project will address 6.23 miles of deteriorating pavement on WIS 113 from WIS 60 to WIS 188 between Lodi and the Merrimac Ferry Crossing in Columbia County. The project will consist of removing and replacing the top 3 ½ - inches of asphaltic pavement from WIS 60 to County J, paving an overlay from County J to WIS 188, and reconstruction at the County V intersection. The reconstruction at County V will include lowering the hill south of the County V intersection to improve sight distance for both vehicles at the intersection and vehicles approaching the intersection. This reconstruct will be approximately 1500-feet long stretching from Shamrock Road to County V. See the
project location map.
Additional improvements include:
- Installation of permanent pavement markings
- Replacement of curb ramps for compliance with ADA standards
- Replacement of guard rail end terminals to meet current standards
- Installation of aggregate shoulders to match the final roadway elevation
View information about WIS 113 shoulder widening project, scheduled for 2026 construction.
- June 2021 – Complete Design Study Report
- June 2021 – Complete Right of Way Plat
- Summer 2021 – Begin Real Estate Acquisition
- November 2022 – Submit Final Plans
- Summer 2023 - Construction
- April 2021 – Signed Environmental Report
- January 2021 - Virtual Public Involvement Meeting (PIM) #2
- December 2020 - Local Officials Meeting #2
- May 2020 - Local Officials Meeting
- April 2020 - Virtual Public Involvement Meeting (PIM) #1
WIS 113 will be closed to through traffic during construction.
A detour will utilize the following routes:
- Northbound WIS 113:
- WIS 60 West to WIS 188 North
- Southbound WIS 113:
- WIS 188 South to WIS 60 East
WisDOT recognizes businesses located in work zones have special needs. It's critical that customers have access to businesses and that they continue to visit them, regardless of any road work inconvenience and detour routes. Below are resources to help business owners prepare for the construction.
Gregory Payne, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843