Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 113 (WIS 60 to WIS 188), between Lodi and Merrimac - Columbia County
The project will address 6.23 miles of deteriorating pavement on WIS 113 from WIS 60 to WIS 188 between Lodi and the Merrimac Ferry Crossing in Columbia County. See the
project location map.
- Removing and overlaying 3.5” of asphaltic pavement from WIS 60 to County J
- Paving 0.75” overlay from County J to WIS 188
- Reconstructing the County V intersection
- The reconstruction at County V will include lowering the hill south of the County V intersection to improve sight distance for both vehicles at the intersection and vehicles approaching the intersection. This reconstruct will be approximately 1500-feet long stretching from Shamrock Road to County V.
- Removing and overlaying 2” of asphaltic pavement at the Merrimac Ferry Landing
- Replacing curb ramps to meet the current Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards
- Replacing guardrail end terminals to meet current WisDOT standards
- Installing aggregate shoulders to match the final roadway elevation
- Installing permanent pavement markings
- No anticipated access changes
View information about
WIS 113 shoulder widening project, scheduled for 2027 construction.
Upcoming (approximate dates)
- August 2023 – Complete real estate acquisition
- April 2024 - Kick off meeting for construction
- At this meeting, the contractor will likely discuss their schedule and other important information about the construction process
- June 2024 - Construction start
- July 2024 - Construction from WIS 60 to County K is anticipated to be complete
- January 30, 2023 - Informational Meeting
- August 2021 - Complete right of way plat
- May 2021 - Signed design study report
- April 2021 - Signed environmental report
- January 2021 - Virtual Public Involvement Meeting (PIM) #2
- December 2020 - Local Officials Meeting #2
- May 2020 - Local Officials Meeting
- April 2020 - Virtual Public Involvement Meeting (PIM) #1
- From WIS 60 to County J, WIS 113 will be under flagging operations.
- From County J to WIS 188, WIS 113 will be closed to through traffic during construction.
- When the contractor is paving in front of your property it is anticipated the access will be temporarily closed, likely for a few hours.
WisDOT recognizes businesses located in work zones have special needs. It's critical that customers have access to businesses and that they continue to visit them, regardless of any road work inconvenience and detour routes. Below are resources to help business owners prepare for the construction.
Marc Schweiger, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800