Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 16 bridge (over the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad), Elba - Dodge County
The purpose of the project is to provide a safer and upgraded structure for continued access by business, residential, and regional traffic.
This project includes:
- Concrete overlay of deck
- Parapet modifications
- Spot painting of girder ends and bearings at abutments
- Concrete surface repair at abutments
- Replace southeast and southwest wings
- Replace existing guardrail
- Replace concrete approach slabs and expansion joints
- June 2021 - Public Involvement
- July 2021 - Final Environmental Document
- May 2022 - Final Plans
- 2024 - Construction anticipated
- Advanceable to summer 2023, if funding is available.
During construction, the roadway will be closed to through traffic and detoured. Access will be maintained to all properties in the project area. A signed detour is anticipated to use WIS 73, US 151, WIS 33 and WIS 26.
Jim Oettinger, P.E.
WisDOT Project Supervisor
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843