Project location |
Project overview |
WIS 22 (WIS 16 to Columbia/Marquette County Line), Wyocena to Montello - Columbia County
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is developing final plans for a pavement replacement project on WIS 22 in Columbia County. The 11.5 mile project is located between the WIS 16 interchange and the Columbia/Marquette County Line in the Town of Marcellon.
- Removing 2 inches of the existing surface and overlaying with 4 inches of asphalt.
- Proposed plan consists of one 12-foot traffic lane in each direction with a 6-foot-wide shoulder (5-foot paved) on the left and right-hand sides.
- North of WIS 33 the shoulder will be 6 feet wide and the whole width paved for Amish accommodations on left and right sides.
- South of WIS 33 the shoulder will be 6 feet wide, but only 5 feet will be paved on both sides.
- The box culvert bridge over the Fox River on the north side of Pardeeville will be reconstructed.
- Sidewalk curb ramps in Wyocena and Pardeeville will also be reconstructed to meet ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) standards.
Additional WIS 22 roadway improvements include the following:
- Replacement of existing guardrails and installing break away ends (if a vehicle hits the front of the guard rail, it will break away and fold up to slow down vehicle).
- Protection of existing roadside hazards within the roadway clear zone (area on each side that could be run over if a vehicle accidently goes off the road).
- For example: fixed objects, steep slopes, and non-traversable slopes
- Replacement, rehabilitation and extension of select culvert pipes.
- Replacement of existing signing and pavement markings.
- Replacing existing flashing beacons at the WIS 22 / WIS 33 intersection.
- 2020 - Construction anticipated
Past (prior to today)
- May 3, 2017 - Public Involvement Meeting (PIM)
Mahesh Shrestha, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843