Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 27 (I-90 Exit 25 Interchange area), Sparta - Monroe County
Orange = Area being reconstructed
Blue = Detour route
Red = Closed section during bridge repairs
This project extends just south of the interchange to just north of the interchange. The purpose of this project is to preserve and improve the existing highway pavement for WIS 27 over I-90 and associated on/exit ramps for the I-90/WIS 27 interchange area. WIS 27 bridges over the railroad/bike trail and the river will also be repaired during this project.
- Milling and overlaying the existing asphalt pavement.
- Guardrail will be updated to current standards.
- Shoulders south of the I-90 interchange will be widened to 5 feet paved.
- Lane configuration will be redone to have only one lane of traffic in each direction through the divided section of roadway.
- Right turn from the I-90 eastbound off ramp will be turned into an auxiliary lane.
- Eastbound ramp intersection will be upgraded to signals.
- December 11, 2019 - Public involvement meeting (PIM)
- 4:30 - 6 p.m.
- Sparta City Hall, 201 W. Oak Street, Sparta WI
- 2022 - Construction anticipated
The divided roadway section will have single lane closures. The two lane sections south of I-90 will be constructed during night time flagging and north of Avon Road will be closed to traffic with a detour.
Detour will be as follows:
- Take I-90 to WIS 16 interchange
- Exit onto WIS 16
- Follow WIS 16 back to WIS 27 in Sparta
The ramps will be constructed one at a time during a single night closure for each. Dates yet to be determined.
Brian Meyer, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, La Crosse Office
3550 Mormon Coulee Road
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 785-9022
Fax: (608) 785-9969