Project location | Project overview |
Public involvement | Schedule | Traffic impacts/detours | Status/phase | Contact information
WIS 33 (West of Morris Drive to WIS 73), Portage to Fox Lake - Columbia County
This project will address 6.06 miles of deteriorating pavement on WIS 33.
- Installation of guardrail end terminals to replace existing non-standard end terminals
- Installation of permanent pavement marking
- Installation of centerline rumble strips
- Replace the deck on the structure over the railroad
February 2021 - Local Officials Meeting / Public Involvement Meeting
- February 2021 - sign environmental report
- May 2021 - sign design study report
- August 2022 - complete final plans
- Summer 2024 - construction anticipated
Road will be closed for redecking and detoured.
Mahesh Shrestha, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843