Project location | Project overview | Schedule | Traffic impacts/detours | Status/phase | Contact information
WIS 80 (Academy Street), Liberty Street to WIS 82, City of Elroy, Juneau County
The proposed project is an urban reconstruction of approximately 1.25 miles of WIS 80 between Liberty Street and Kimball Avenue in the City of Elroy. Below are some items included with the project:
- New pavement structure
- Curb & gutter replacement
- Storm sewer replacement/improvement
- Sidewalk replacement/improvement
- WIS 80/WIS 71 intersection improvements
Between Kimball Avenue and the WIS 82 intersection, approximately 0.25 miles, the existing asphaltic surface will be milled 4” and overlaid with 4” of new asphalt. The WIS 80/WIS 82 intersection will be improved, including revising turning lanes.
- 2020 - Construction anticipated
Past (prior to today)
- September 25, 2017 - Public Involvement Meeting (PIM)
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Royall High School
- 1501 Academy Street, Elroy, WI 53929
- The roadway will be closed to through traffic during construction from WIS 71/Cedar Street to County PP/North Limits Road.
- The roadway will be open to through traffic and construction staged from Liberty Street to WIS 71/Cedar Street and from County PP/North Limits Road to WIS 82.
- Access for emergency vehicles and access to homes will be maintained on a gravel base, minimum, during construction.
- Temporary pedestrian access to businesses and public services during construction operations will be provided.
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Southwest Region, La Crosse Office
3550 Mormon Coulee Road
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 785-9022
Fax: (608) 785-9969