Courteous driving helps everyone
- Relax. Take a deep breath, chat with a companion, listen to music. Getting stressed and upset will probably not get you there any faster and it might shorten your life.
- Don't drive when you are angry, upset or overly tired.
- Plan ahead to avoid the worst congestion and allow yourself plenty of time.
- Go ahead and be late. It won't kill you to be 10 minutes late for an appointment but it might very well kill you or a fellow motorist if you drive aggressively.
- Driving should not be a race. Unless you are driving a racecar on a privately owned track, leave your competitive instincts at home.
Treat others the way you would like to be treated. Courteous driving encourages other drivers to be courteous. Aggressive driving influences others to drive aggressively.