The Hill Farms State Transportation Building is home to all divisions of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, including the Division of Motor Vehicles, State Patrol, Division of Transportation Investment Management, Division of Transportation System Development, Division of Business Management, as well as Human Resources.
In Madison, travel west along University Avenue, turn south onto Segoe Road. Hill Farms is a nine-story building at the corner of Segoe and University. To access the building, from Segoe turn right onto Sheboygan Avenue. The building is located at 4802 Sheboygan Avenue.
If traveling via the beltline (US 12/14) exit north onto Whitney Way. Drive 2 miles and take a right onto Sheboygan Avenue.
Visitor parking is in the first 2 rows on the east side of the building (closest to Sheboygan Ave.) Please note that construction is taking place.
See the Hill Farms area map below for added assistance.
The mailing address for the Hill Farms State Office Building is:
4802 Sheboygan Ave.
P.O. Box 7910
Madison, WI 53707-7910
Hill Farms security and smoking policies
Security measures are in place at the Hill Farms State Transportation Building in Madison. A staffed Customer Service desk is featured in the lobby. Visitors to the building should observe these procedures:
- Visitors may enter the building from the main entrance (under the canopy) from 7:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. each weekday.
- Visitors seeking access to elevators or other secured areas of the building are required to register and show a photo ID at the desk. Visitors need to identify whom they are visiting, the meeting location and/or the nature of the visit. A visitor's pass will be provided that must be returned upon leaving.
- All visitors should allow extra time before appointments, bid deadlines or other business, for the registration procedures.
- The Hill Farms cafeteria, Summit Credit Union and DMV service counters remain open to the public without requiring a visitor pass.
- These procedures may change based on national Homeland Security conditions. The above steps will be taken under the current Condition Yellow. Other measures that may require more control or longer delays could be implemented for heightened security conditions.
Visitors to Hill Farms should also note the smoking policy. The inside perimeter of the Hill Farms property (defined by the building sidewalk) is a smoke-free zone. Smoking is permitted beyond the sidewalks in the rear and east parking lots and on the sidewalk.