US 51, Minocqua Bridge to Lakeshore Drive
The purpose of the project is to preserve and maintain the integrity of the existing concrete pavement on US 51. The concrete pavement joints on this section of US 51 are deteriorating and require repair.
Concrete pavement joints are vital to minimize pavement cracking and pavement movement. The purpose of the project is to maintain the concrete pavement joints and subsequent concrete pavement of the roadway. Joint repairs will help prevent premature failure of the concrete pavement joints.
Some crashes, primarily involving property damage, are occurring along northbound US 51 between East Park Street and Arbor Vitae Street. We are investigating pavement marking and signing options to enhance safety.
- Repair the joints in the US 51 concrete pavement.
- Complete sidewalk ramp and spot curb and gutter repairs.
- Replace permanent signing and pavement markings.
- Repair joints, curb and gutter in parking areas.
Field surveys will be conducted during the design process to collect data for project plan development.
Construction is currently scheduled to begin in spring 2019. We plan to keep US 51 open to traffic during construction. Motorists can expect to encounter single lane closures on US 51 in both directions.
Construction is currently anticipated to be completed by mid-June of the same construction year to minimize traffic impacts.
- Fall 2016 - Preliminary plans
- August 2017 - Final plans
- Spring 2019 - Construction currently scheduled