I-94, US 12 to WIS 65, in the townships of Hudson and Warren, and the village of Roberts, in St. Croix County.
This major project has been approved for enumeration by the Transportation Projects Commission (TPC). The potential project would expand seven miles of I-94 between US 12 and WIS 65.
The corridor provides direct interstate access to the cities of Hudson and Roberts and is a critical link to other major cities outside of this corridor including Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn. and many points in western Wisconsin. I-94 is in need of increased capacity to handle existing and future traffic demand and to improve safety and crash rates.
Potential improvements include:
- Reconstruction of pavement while expanding I-94 with three travel lanes in each direction
- Replacement of the bridges over Kinney Rd., 100th St. and 130th St
- New right of way to accommodate the improvements
- Correct outdated geometric features to modern freeway standards
- Maintain efficient freeway operations
A Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) was signed in November 2014. The project is now recommended for enumeration by the Wisconsin Legislature.
James Koenig, WisDOT Project Manager
Diana Maas, WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
Northwest Region, Spooner Office
W7102 Green Valley Rd.
Spooner, WI 54801
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701
Phone (715) 836-2891 or toll-free (800) 991-5285
Fax: (715) 836-2807
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711