Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) has transitioned to the enterprise-wide PeopleSoft accounting system. This page helps to bridge the new system with the old, and provides local governments with helpful resources.
Local let project reimbursement process
Beginning January 1, WisDOT is making a change in the way work credits are handled which will more clearly document the actual financial transaction. The new process is illustrated below and in
this handout. This simple change will assure complete and accurate accounting records.
|Step 1||Step 2 ||Step 3||Step 4|
Local government submits invoice for full project cost for reimbursement.
WisDOT pays invoice at 100%.
|WisDOT bills local government based on project cost share agreed to in the project agreement.||Local government pays WisDOT for their portion of project agreement.|
| Example: |
Local project invoices
- Invoices are generated for items of work completed on which the local unit of government has a cost
share. Invoices are for project specific costs incurred during the previous month only.
View sample invoice
- Invoices are only generated if the balance due is $1,000 or greater OR the project is in the closing process.
- Unpaid balances will not appear on future invoices.
- Invoices contain project identification numbers. These are WisDOT’s project ID numbers preceded by 395. For example, 1000-xx-xx is now tracked as 3951000xxxx in our new accounting system.
- For the project title, limit and concept, please refer to the
WisDOT Highway Project list.
- Invoices summarize project activity level for which the local has a share in the charging period.
- Invoices may display a charge for Labor-Delivery-Other. These charges are for WisDOT or consultant engineering.
It is helpful to return the bottom portion of the invoice with your payment. Be sure to include the invoice number on the check as well.
Bills are mailed to addresses contained within the Department of Administration (DOA) system. If an address change is needed, please contact
If you have a question on your bill, please email your region office contact:
North Central Region