Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is continuously working to unlock more potential from our financial system to provide more transparency.
You will now find a new summary report included with each monthly billing that documents project expenditures to date. The current month’s bill is included in this total project cost to date detail.
The report shows the funding (Federal, state, bond, local) cost share for each project category (source activity). The cost threshold is the funding cap. The cost distributed to date is the total expenditures that have been applied to that line item.
The last table summarizes funding caps and expenditures to date for each funding source.
Local project invoices
- Invoices are generated for items of work completed on which the local unit of government has a cost
share. Invoices are for project specific costs incurred during the previous month only.
View sample invoice
- Invoices are generated:
- If the balance due is $1,000 or greater
- The project is in the closing process
- Every June and December, even if the amount due is less than $1,000.
- Unpaid balances will not appear on future invoices.
- Invoices contain project identification numbers. These are WisDOT’s project ID numbers preceded by 395. For example, 1000-xx-xx is now tracked as 3951000xxxx in our new accounting system.
- For the project title, limit and concept, please refer to the
WisDOT Highway Project list.
- Invoices summarize project activity level for which the local has a share in the charging period.
It is helpful to return the bottom portion of the invoice with your payment. Be sure to include the invoice number on the check as well.
Bills are mailed to addresses contained within the Department of Administration (DOA) system. If an address change is needed, please contact
If you have a question on your bill, please email your region office contact:
North Central Region