Amtrak tickets | Bus tickets | Milwaukee transportation
The Milwaukee Intermodal Station,
433 West St. Paul Avenue,
serves as the "gateway"
to downtown Milwaukee. It is an important transportation link for the Milwaukee area. More than 1.3 million passengers per year use the facility to make connections to Amtrak's
Hiawatha Service and
Empire Builder, as well as to
Greyhound and other local and regional bus services.
The facility offers a variety of amenities, including food service through the All Aboard Café and vending machines, as well as an ATM, free Wi-Fi for waiting passengers, bicycle racks, and a convenient passenger drop-off lane in the front of the building.
The building also houses Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) offices, including the Traffic Management Center. It also has office space available for lease.
A 279-space parking lot is located just west of the station at 701 West St. Paul. It is operated by
Park Milwaukee. Other parking lots and facilities are also nearby.
Daily parking rate is $8 and that is good until 12 a.m. that night. In addition:
- 5 day pass is available for $32
- 7 day pass is available for $52
- 2 week pass is available for $80
- Sat-Sun pass is available for $12
- Fri-Sun pass is available for $18
Monthly pass for $85
Passengers can obtain tickets in several ways:
- On-line: Purchase tickets at any time on amtrak.com with most major credit cards. Amtrak gift cards are also accepted. If you've been issued an eVoucher, you can apply it to your purchase, and even use a credit card and eVoucher in the same transaction. You can also pay for your ticket purchase with your Amtrak Guest Rewards points. (Station code: MKA)
- Amtrak for mobile:
Download the free Amtrak mobile app for iPhone®, Android™ and Windows Phone® today to purchase tickets and get all the travel information you need, whenever you need it.
- Quik-Trak kiosk: Located in the Milwaukee Intermodal Station, the Quik-Trak kiosk operates similar to an automatic teller machine using a credit card or a debit card. Tickets purchased online also may be printed at the Quik-Trak kiosk.
- Ticket agent: Tickets may be purchased at the counter in the Milwaukee Intermodal Station or Chicago Union Station. Tickets purchased online also may be obtained from the ticket counter.
- Phone: You can purchase tickets 24 hours a day by calling 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245). Julie, the Amtrak automated, voice-activated agent, is happy to help. Or, if you need live, personal assistance, just say "agent" or press the "0" button on your telephone. For TTY service, please call 1-800-523-6590.
- Onboard: To secure the best available fare, passengers should purchase tickets prior to boarding the train. In most circumstances, you must purchase a ticket before you board a train or you will be assessed a surcharge.
The passenger concourse was recently enclosed and now provides easy access for all. Passengers can access any of the four tracks using stairs, escalators or elevators and the mezzanine. It features state-of-the-art hearing technology for the hard of hearing.
Intercity bus tickets
From the Greyhound ticket office at the west end of the building, passengers can purchase intercity bus tickets from several bus companies which connect to locations in Wisconsin and Upper Michigan:
- Badger Bus
- Indian Trails
- Jefferson Lines
- Wisconsin Coach/Coach USA
The Greyhound ticket office is open from 3:30 a.m. until 4 a.m and from 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Travelers have many choices for continuing their journey beyond the station:
Building Operations Manager
1243 North 10th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53205
For further information contact:
Crystal DuPont, Project Manager
Passenger Rail Planning Management
433 W. St. Paul Avenue, Suite 300
Milwaukee, WI 53203