Statewide Native Seed and Woody Vegetation Installation and Restoration Management (July 20, 2022)
Request for Qualifications (RFQ) - to pre-certify contractors for the Statewide Native Seed and Woody Vegetation Installation and Restoration Management on select projects. RFQs are due August 4, 2022, 4 p.m. CST.
- A landscape contractor will only be required to be on the pre-certification list for a project if it is stipulated in the project special provisions involving special seedings or plantings.
- This is separate from the prequalification process for prime contractors on WisDOT projects, and does not replace the WisDOT prequalification process. If a landscaper wanted to bid as a prime on a WisDOT project, they would still need to be prequalified with WisDOT.
- Questions and Answers should be sent to the RFQ mailbox email@example.com.
- Submitted Questions and Answers. (August 3, 2022)
- Pre-certified contractors list. WisDOT appreciates your consideration of this opportunity and anticipates renewing this list in August of 2024. (September 12, 2022)
Political advertisements in right of way (July 7, 2022)
- With the 2022 election upcoming, we are being reminded that Wisconsin law prohibits political advertisements in the public right of way. We respect all contractors’ freedom of speech and desire to support candidates, but would ask to refrain from any signage, banners or flags for candidates and campaigns within public right of way or closely adjacent to traffic. Safety of the traveling public is a primary consideration, as the materials can be distracting. In cases where personal vehicles have flags or large bumper stickers, site leaders are asked to use their best judgment. We will stress the department is not suggesting or asking that any worker make any alterations to the appearance of their personal vehicle. We do however want any political images, regardless of candidate, party or message, to be moved away from the right of way and generally out of the vision of highway users.
COVID-19 Reporting Requirements (Update: July 21, 2021)
Contractors/Consultants should continue to follow any guidance they receive from their employing agency related to quarantine protocols. In addition, contractors/consultants should follow the medical advice they receive from their medical providers if they have tested positive, have been exposed or have symptoms. The department expects that contractors/consultants will not be physically present on work sites while they are under a quarantine order/recommendation.
To ensure the health and safety of State employees and members of the general public who are served by State government, contractors shall report any potential exposure to COVID-19 to WisDOT. Please review the attached memos and reporting form for more information on the process.
- Notice to Prime Contractors on WisDOT Construction Projects
- Contractor/Subcontractor Employee COVID-19 Reporting Form
(Updated October 20, 2020)
- Notice to Consulting Firms on WisDOT Construction Projects
- Consultant/Subconsultant Employee COVID-19 Reporting Form
(Updated October 20, 2020)
- Office/Field Office Posting
MASH16 Temporary Crash Cushion Implementation Date
- AASHTO/FHWA Joint Implementation Agreement for Manual for Assessing Safety Hardware (MASH), indicates that temporary work zone devices (i.e. crash cushion), manufactured before December 31, 2019, and are NCHRP-350 compliant can be used for their normal service life.
In the Clarifications on Implementing the AASHTO Manual for Assessing Safety Hardware dated May 9, 2018, normal service life is to be defined by the "owner-agency".
Wisconsin Department of Transportation will require all projects using temporary crash cushions LET after December 1, 2023, to be MASH 2016 compliant.
If there are any questions, please contact Erik Emerson at:
Erik.Emerson@dot.wi.gov (July 7, 2022)
U.S. Department of Transportation Procurement Office - Scam
Information relating to Wisconsin's Emerald Ash Borer (October 7, 2008)
Emergency Rule Notification updated October 24, 2007, to include any waters of the State of Wisconsin.
For questions regarding the content of this page, contact:
Bureau of Project Development
4822 Madison Yards Way
4th Floor South, Room S437
Madison, WI 53705
Phone: (608) 266-1631
Fax: (608) 267-1862