The Milwaukee Airport Railroad Station (MARS) serves rail passengers connecting to flights at General Mitchell International Airport, along with rail-only passengers utilizing Amtrak’s Hiawatha service. The 1,600 square-foot heated facility includes restrooms and a seating area. Covered walkways lead from the drive-up area and the boarding platform.
The station is located at 5601 S. 6th Street, along the western edge of the airport. Use the Amtrak parking lot entrance on 6th Street, just south of Grange Avenue and/or the airport spur. The station is open from 5:45 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and from 7:15 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Sunday.
The Amtrak Rail Lot accommodates up to 300 vehicles. Parking fees are $2 an hour, up to a maximum of $8 per day. The automated exit gate accepts cash or credit cards. Overflow parking is directed to the SuperSaver B parking lot right across the street.
A free shuttle bus connects rail passengers to the airport. The shuttle departs from the airport outside "Door 4."
For more details on the parking lot features, visit the
General Mitchell International airport parking webpage.
Purchasing Amtrak tickets
Passengers can obtain tickets in several ways:
- On-line: Purchase tickets at any time on Amtrak.com with most major credit cards. Amtrak gift cards are also accepted. If you've been issued an eVoucher, you can apply it to your purchase, and even use a credit card and eVoucher in the same transaction. You can also pay for your ticket purchase with your Amtrak Guest Rewards points. (Station code: MKA)
- Amtrak for mobile: Download the free Amtrak mobile app for iPhone®, Android™ and Windows Phone® today to purchase tickets and get all the travel information you need, whenever you need it.
- Quik-Trak kiosk: Located in the Milwaukee Airport Rail Station, the Quik-Trak kiosk operates similar to an automatic teller machine using a credit card or a debit card. Tickets purchased online also may be printed at the Quik-Trak kiosk.
- Ticket agent: There is no ticket agent at the Milwaukee Airport Rail Station. Tickets may be purchased at the counter in the Milwaukee Intermodal Station or Chicago Union Station. Tickets purchased online also may be obtained from the ticket counter.
- Phone: You can purchase tickets 24 hours a day by calling 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245). Julie, the Amtrak automated, voice-activated agent, is happy to help. Or, if you need live, personal assistance, just say "agent" or press the "0" button on your telephone. For TTY service, please call 1-800-523-6590.
- Onboard: To secure the best available fare, passengers should purchase tickets prior to boarding the train. In most circumstances, you must purchase a ticket before you board a train or you will be assessed a surcharge. Passengers with disabilities who are unable to use the Quik-Trak can purchase one-way tickets in cash aboard the train without a surcharge, since the Milwaukee Airport Rail Station is not staffed with a ticket agent.