The U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Highway Administration, Federal Transit Administration, Federal Aviation Administration, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration require Federal-aid recipients to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age and disability.
WisDOT is committed to providing equal opportunity required under federal law and other federal and state regulations, statutes and executive orders.
Office of Business Opportunity and Equity Compliance (OBOEC)
The Office of Business Opportunity and Equity Compliance (OBOEC) serves as WisDOT’s regulatory arm that works specifically on the following areas to promote business opportunity, equity and compliance:
The department aims to be the catalyst that facilitates and supports equity principles throughout the organization utilizing a proactive, interdisciplinary strategy to fulfill the following mission:
- To eliminate unlawful discrimination in contracting practices and policies
- To ensure nondiscrimination in WisDOT programs or activities receiving federal financial assistance by reviewing, consulting and monitoring our practices
- To proactively provide strategies and/or remedies to promote equity, inclusion and fairness.
- Maintain state and federal compliance
- Generate opportunity
- Engage stakeholders respectfully