Improving Wisconsin's transportation network
The Partnering initiative is a collaborative effort between the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT), the Wisconsin Transportation Builders Association (WTBA), and the American Council of Engineering Companies of Wisconsin (ACEC WI) to improve working relationships and the delivery of Wisconsin transportation projects.
- The Partnering initiative is focused on the delivery of the transportation program to achieve common goals.
- The expected outcome of the Initiative includes the ultimate goal of providing a “new way of doing business” in Wisconsin.
- This initiative is a high priority within WisDOT.
- We are committed to implementing as many of these proposals as possible and will track progress through this website.
- Understand, share and minimize risk
- Improve more timely decision making
- Share current information, with uniformity, across all groups
- Promote innovation and continuous improvement
- Maintain common definitions of quality
- Balance competing factors (cost, schedule, quality, etc.)
Beth Cannestra, WisDOT
- Matt Grove, WTBA
- Brad Heimlich, ACEC
- Jerry Mentzel, WisDOT
- Scott Piefer, WTBA
- Jill Treadway, ACEC
Current Partnering Priorities
Partnering Priority Matrix includes many proposals developed at the Partnering Conference in January 2014. The Steering Committee prioritized all of the proposals and decided to move forward with the top six. Each has been assigned its own working group and an action plan:
Next Approved Partnering Priorities