WIS 66, between County J (north) and WIS 49, Rosholt, Portage County
Proposed improvements include:
- Removing the top layer of asphalt and replacing it with a new top layer of asphalt
- Widening the shoulders to five feet, east of Rosholt to County A
- Updating or replacing guardrail
- Replacing deteriorated culvert pipes
- Replacing non-ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant curb ramps
- Adding a cattle pass approximately 0.1 miles west of WIS 49
- Some temporary easements will be required for construction
During construction, WIS 66 will remain open to traffic utilizing single lane closures with moving or flagging operations. During cattle pass installation, WIS 66 will be reduced to a single lane, motorists will encounter temporary signals.
Access will be maintained to business and residential driveways; however, driveways will be temporarily closed for short periods while construction operations are in the immediate vicinity.
Local officials meeting: September 2020
Landowner and stakeholder letter: September 2020
Complete project design: Spring / Summer 2022
Construction currently scheduled to begin: 2023