WIS 13, 2nd Street North to County P, Rudolph, Wood and Portage counties.
The asphalt is showing signs of significant deterioration in the form of cracking and rutting. The existing shoulders are narrow and many of the existing culverts are in poor condition. The existing guardrail at Mill Creek Crossing does not meet current standards and the existing polymer overlay is deteriorated.
The purpose of this project is to:
- Reduce future pavement repairs and maintenance costs
- Improve ride quality
- Extend the life of the bridge deck on structure crossing Mill Creek
- Maintain drainage across the roadway
- Increase safety by improving pavement surface drainage, addressing the narrow shoulders and substandard guardrail features.
WIS 13 will be closed during construction with a signed detour (detour route to be determined).
Property acquisition (FEE) and temporary limited easements (TLE) are necessary for widening the shoulder width by 2-ft and re-ditching.
Rights of Landowners Under Wis Eminent Domain Law [Wis Stats 32.05]
We invite you to participate in public involvement for this project. Property owners and business owners within the project limits have been sent a letter and handout. To participate, review the following:
Comments on the project are being accepted through Nov. 11, 2022, by:
- Filling out the
Online Comment Form
- Completing and mailing the
Public Comment Form (also found in the handout) to:
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
1681 2nd Ave. S.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495-4768
Attn: Erin Christianson
- Call or email the project leader listed in the contacts below.
- Local officials meeting - Sept. 12, 2022
- Public involvement meeting - Oct. 25, 2022
- Complete project design - Nov. 1, 2024
- Construction currently scheduled to begin - Spring 2025