WisDOT COVID-19 information
- WisDOT continues to monitor the public health crisis as it applies to essential highway maintenance and construction projects. Workers who support the construction of critical or strategic infrastructure are considered essential by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Workers are expected to continue to take precautions against the spread of COVID-19 at the office and job site.
- With our partners in industry, we will strive to keep this construction season on schedule.
Projects Under Construction
View active North Central Region construction projects
Projects in Design
(not all design projects have a website)
- Public involvement meetings and open houses for transportation projects are suspended temporarily and will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
- The department is reviewing options for alternative meeting formats.
- WisDOT will continue to rely on public input to help shape transportation projects and policies.
Studies (Construction Not Scheduled)
In This Together
Learn how WisDOT works with businesses located in work zones through the
In This Together program.
Tegan Griffith, WisDOT North Central Region Communication Manager
Follow us on
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Division of Transportation System Development
North Central Region
Wisconsin Rapids Office
1681 Second Ave. South
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495-4768
Phone: (715) 421-8301
Fax: (715) 423-0334
510 N. Hanson Lake Rd.
Rhinelander, WI 54501
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711