Project location | Project overview | Schedule | Traffic impacts/detours | Status/phase | Contact information
US 14 (Vernon County line to Kalish Lane), Readstown to Richland Center - Richland County
The proposed undertaking covers 10.41 miles of US 14 between the Vernon County line and
Kalish Lane (just east of WIS 171). Proposed work consists of:
- Milling and overlaying the asphalt pavement
- Adjusting/replacing guardrail
- Structural repairs on various bridges and culverts throughout the project
- Replacement of the bridge over the West Branch of Mill Creek
The anticipated construction is currently scheduled for the summer of 2028 but could be advanced to 2025 if funds become available.
- Fall 2022 - Public Involvement Meeting
- Summer 2028 - Construction anticipated
A detour will be required for while the bridge over the West Branch of Mill Creek is replaced. The signed detour will utilize US 61 and WIS 171. Access to all properties adjacent to US 14 will be maintained.
John Bainter, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, La Crosse Office
3550 Mormon Coulee Road
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 785-9022
Fax: (608) 785-9969