Project location | Project overview | Schedule | Traffic impacts/detours | Status/phase | Contact information
WIS 80 (Pine River Bridge to County C), Richland Center to Hub City - Richland County
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) plans to improve this 10.78 mile section of WIS 80 from the Pine River Bridge north of West 8th Street to County C. The project is needed because the existing pavement is aged and deteriorated with extensive cracking. The proposed improvement is to mill and overlay the existing asphalt pavement.
Proposed Improvements Include:
- Resurface existing pavement from Pine River Bridge to County C, excluding areas resurface in 2018.
- The Pine River Bridge south of County SR will be replaced. The replacement may result in a road closure with detour.
- Four structures are in need of preventative maintenance work
- Culverts will be replaced or reset
- Curb ramps will be replaced to meet ADA standards
- Replace guardrail
- Mill centerline rumble strips
- Install pavement marking
- March 2023 - Virtual Public Involvement Meeting
- December 2022 - Virtual Public Involvement Meeting
- 2029 - Construction anticipated
The pavement resurfacing stages of the project will be performed under daylight, single lane flagging operations. The replacement of the Pine River Bridge south of County SR may require a road closure with detour. However, the department is considering a temporary bypass structure.
Nathan Schumaker, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, La Crosse Office
3550 Mormon Coulee Road
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 785-9022
Fax: (608) 785-9969