WisDOT’s team of creative, dedicated professionals in the Bureau of Information Technologies (BITS) work in a collaborative environment and use new methodologies, tools and processes to rapidly and securely deliver high quality solutions to business partners.
By joining our team, your work will directly support the citizens of Wisconsin. We have wide variety of positions, from entry-level to advanced, and our IT team members use cutting-edge skills and develop them quickly in response to ever-evolving technologies. They maintain IT operations.
They design robust and secure architectures to support the development and use of many different types of technologies, tools, data, applications, and services by divisions and the enterprise.
Team members can participate in IT-related special interest groups, such as the Web User Group, DevOps Community of Practice, or Project Management Community of Collaboration, to further develop their knowledge, careers and community. They also have the opportunity to participate in IT governance through various internal and external focused groups and councils.
Positions within WisDOT:
- Web/Application Developers
- Security Analysts
- Server Technicians
- Technology/Data Architects
- Mobile Support
- Network Engineers
- Cloud Architects
- Database Administrators
- Tableau/Business Objects Developers
- GIS Administrators/Developers
- Document Management Support
- Desktop Support
- Business Analysts
- Relationship Managers
- Project Managers
- IT Managers
Excellent benefits package:
- Start with 15 days of vacation time, 4½ days of personal time and 9 paid holidays
- Additional 5 days of vacation earned after 5 years of state employment, with additional increases every 5 years
- Earn up to 130 hours of sick leave time per year
- Moving expenses may be reimbursed
- View additional benefits with WisDOT
Current WisDOT IT recruitment information is posted on