US 51, Manitou Park to Minocqua Lake bridge, Minocqua
Proposed improvements include:
- Replacing the existing asphalt pavement
- Replacing all curb and gutter throughout project
- Add additional storm sewer inlets to allow sufficient drainage into the existing system.
- Removing a portion of the retaining wall on the west side of US 51 and rebuilding to allow for a wider corridor to accommodate a sidewalk on the west side of US 51.
- A new continuous 6-foot wide concrete sidewalk on the west side of US 51 from the bridge, south to Manitou Park Drive.
- Replace sidewalk on the east side of US 51 between Lake Minocqua Bridge and Country Club Road.
- Necessary crosswalks will be constructed to current Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
- The crosswalk north of Country Club Road will be removed and replaced with the following:
- A new crosswalk across Country Club Road
- A new crosswalk on the south side of the intersection with Country Club Road across US 51.
View a map of proposed improvements as of September 2021.
There are no anticipated closures or detours. The work is expected to be performed in stages that maintain through traffic along US 51. There will not be a detour.
There are potentially 2-4 parcels that will require temporary limited easements to construct or repair sidewalk. Depending on final design there may be small amounts of permanent limited easements to accommodate the ADA compliant curb ramps and new sidewalk. Real estate negotiations will begin in 2022.
Rights of Landowners Under Wis Eminent Domain Law [Wis Stats 32.05]
Residents and businesses within the project limits were contacted via mail.
Interested stakeholders provided input between August 2 and August 16, 2021.
Your input is welcome and appreciated throughout the design process. Deaf or hard of hearing persons needing assistance should contact the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay system (dial 711).
Local officials meeting: June 30, 2021
Public involvement: August 2021
Complete project design: August 2023
Construction currently scheduled to begin: 2024