WIS 110, between US 10 and WIS 96 in the town and village of Fremont, Waupaca County
We are proposing to improve 3.1 miles of WIS 110. The existing pavement is showing signs of distress including both longitudinal and transverse cracking. Adjacent projects along WIS 49 and the US 10 ramps are scheduled during the same timeframe as this project. Separate project mailings will be delivered detailing these projects.
- Remove the entire pavement section between US 10 and Brown Road and replace with new hot mix asphalt (HMA) pavement at the same thickness.
- Remove the surface layer of the existing pavement between Brown Road and WIS 96 and replace with a new surface layer of HMA pavement.
- Remove and replace non-compliant guardrail.
- Replace non-ADA compliant curb ramps and construct new ADA compliant curb ramps.
- Lane reconfiguration including addition of a two way left turn lane between Tustin Road (County H) and WIS 96, improving safety by reducing speed and providing a dedicated lane for left turning vehicles.
No real estate acquisition will be required for this project.
Construction is currently scheduled for 2027 but could occur as early as 2023.
WIS 110 will remain open to traffic for the duration of the project. Motorists can expect to encounter the following conditions during construction:
- Through the two-lane segment, WIS 110 will remain open to traffic under flagging operations.
- Through the three-lane and four-lane segments, single lanes will be closed for construction while at least one lane in each direction remains open to traffic.
- Traffic may be reduced to one lane on side roads when construction operations are occurring within the intersection.
Temporary sidewalks and curb ramps will be provided while the curb ramps are under construction near the Wolf River Bridge in Fremont.
Access to business and residential driveways will be maintained during construction. Brief interruptions in access may occur temporarily at driveways while construction occurs in the immediate area. The contractor will be required to notify homeowners and businesses prior to construction.
Residents and businesses within the project limits have been contacted via mail.
Here is how to provide input between September 13, 2021 and October 1, 2021:
Your input is welcome and appreciated throughout the design process. Deaf or hard of hearing persons needing assistance should contact the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay system (dial 711).
- Local officials meeting: Summer 2021
- Preliminary plans: Fall 2021
- WIS 49/US 10 Public Involvement mailing: Late Fall 2021
- Final plans: Summer 2022
- Construction currently scheduled: Summer 2027, but could occur as early as 2023.