WIS 13, North Fork Flambeau River Bridge to 5th Street North, Park Falls, Price County
Proposed improvements include:
- Remove and replace asphalt
- Upgrade curb ramps to meet current Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
- Replace deteriorated curb & gutter
- Replace pavement markings
- Evaluate street lighting through the corridor
- Assess extending the sidewalk on east side of WIS 13 in front of Super One Foods to 12th Street South
WIS 13 will remain open to traffic during construction. Motorists can expect to encounter flagging operations, single lane closures and shoulder closures. Temporary pedestrian accommodations will be put in place throughout construction. Access to residences and businesses will be maintained throughout construction process.
Minor real estate in the form of temporary easements, permanent easements or fee may be required for construction of sidewalk and curb ramp improvements. Preliminary right of way impacts are available
Real estate coordination will take place with individual property owners in 2023.
Rights of Landowners Under Wis Eminent Domain Law [Wis Stats 32.05]
Driveway access will be assessed for potential modifications along the projects. Direct mailings and coordination will occur with property owners.
Residents and businesses within the project limits have been contacted via mail. Review the following materials to learn more about this project:
- Local Officials Meeting: January 2022
- Public Involvement: March 2022
- Environmental Document: July 2022
- Final right of way plat: December 2022
- Real estate negotiations: Spring/Summer 2023
- Complete Project Design: August 2024
- Construction: Spring 2025