WIS 21, 3rd Lane to Madison Street, Village of Coloma, Adams, Waushara Counties
The project proposes to resurface WIS 21 by repairing joints and cracks and overlaying the concrete pavement with a new asphalt driving surface. Additionally, restoring the outside asphaltic shoulder in the rural segment from 3rd Lane to the I‐39 ramp terminals and replacing curb and gutter where warranted from the I‐39 ramp terminals to Madison Street.
The storm sewer inlets and manholes will be repaired to extend their service life, several culvert pipe end walls and adjacent connecting pipes will be repaired and the curb ramp at County CH will be reconstructed to meet current ADA standards to the maximum extent practicable. New pavement markings will be installed as well. Centerline rumble strips will be installed from 3rd Lane to 4th Avenue.
During construction through traffic will be maintained on WIS 21. However, there will be several restrictions affecting east-west traffic on WIS 21, as well as access from I-39. The following restrictions are currently planned and may impact the movement of agricultural equipment and other large vehicles:
- WIS 21 will be reduced to two lanes in the village of Coloma with a maximum lane width of 11' in each direction.
- Flagging operations and temporary signals will be required on WIS 21.
- The northbound I-39 off ramp to WIS 21 will be closed for approximately one month.
- Short term closures of the other ramps within the interchange will also be necessary for construction operations near the ramps.
- The intersections of WIS 21 with Madison St and County CH will need to be closed during their construction. These closures will be phased in order to not occur at the same time. All other intersections will remain open during construction using flagging.
Local officials meeting: June 2020
Public involvement: July 2020
Complete environmental document: July 2020
Complete project design: August 2021
Construction currently scheduled to begin: Spring 2022