WIS 29, Shawano County MMM and Clark Drive Intersection, Shawano County
This WIS 29 intersection is experiencing ongoing crashes. The existing intersection of County MMM and Clark Drive has a number of geometric deficiencies, such as sharp skew angles coming to the intersection and short turn lanes. In addition, the existing concrete pavement on WIS 29 is cracking and requires improvement. The proposed improvements include making intersection modifications to reduce crashes and concrete pavement repairs.
The highway will remain open to traffic during construction with single-lane closures, local and emergency access will be maintained, and periodic closures of the local roads may need to occur.
All the work for this project is anticipated to occur inside the existing right of way.
- Local Officials Meeting: March 20, 2022
- Local Officials Meeting: August 2022
- Virtual Public Involvement Meeting and Comment Period: August to September 2022
- Local Officials Meeting: Fall 2022
- Virtual Public Involvement Meeting and Comment Period: Fall 2022
- Environmental Document: Winter 2022
- Complete Project Design: Spring 2024
- Construction currently scheduled to begin in 2025 but could occur as early as 2024