The proposed project will replace the pavement of WIS 165 (104th Street) from 65th Avenue to County Hwy ML (Springbrook Road), and from County Hwy EZ (39th Avenue) to WIS 32 (Sheridan Road), in the Village of Pleasant Prairie, in Kenosha County. Additional improvements include:
- Construction of new sidewalk on north side of WIS 165 from 39th Avenue roundabout to 28th Avenue
- Construction of new sidewalk on south side of WIS 165 from 39th Avenue roundabout to Sheridan Road
- Widening of existing shoulder to 3-foot (2-foot paved, 1-foot gravel) on both sides of WIS 165 from 1,100 feet east of 39th Avenue to Sheridan Road
- Construction of ditches to improve drainage
- Replacement of culverts
- New pavement marking and signing
Status and Schedule
The project is currently in the design phase, with construction tentatively planned for 2027.
A public involvement meeting was held on Wednesday, July 12, 2023 at the Pleasant Prairie Village Hall. WisDOT staff was available to discuss the proposed project and address any questions or concerns. Couldn't make it? WisDOT still wants to hear from you! Please feel free to contact the project representatives below.
Public Involvement Meeting Invitation
During construction WIS 165 will be closed for all through traffic, however access to local businesses and residences will be maintained. A detour will be posted.
Gary Metzer, WisDOT Project Manager
Dan Sellers, WisDOT Communications