US 8 and US 45 South intersection, town of Monico, Oneida County
The primary purpose of the project is to extend the roadway service life as well as improve the layout of the US 8 and US 45 intersection in Monico.
The need for the project is due to the deteriorated pavement structure and drainage culverts, and substandard elements of the current intersection including guardrail and intersection lighting.
Proposed improvements include:
- Remove the existing US 8 and US 45 pavement and replacing it with new pavement
- Modifications at the US 8 and US 45 intersection to improve user efficiency, safety, and provide a more conventional intersection layout
- Replace guardrail on US 8 and US 45
- Replace intersection lighting at the US 8/US 45 intersection
- Replace curb and gutter on US 8 and US 45
- Replace culvert pipes and headwalls below US 45 conveying Monico Creek
- Provide on-road bike traffic accommodations along US 8
Staged construction with a short-term detour for Monico Creek culvert pipe replacement. Detour will be occur during Monday (noon) - Friday (noon) in two different weeks.
Additional right of way will be required for this project. WisDOT anticipates the beginning of real estate acquisition to begin in Fall 2021. Coordination will take place with individual property owners.
Rights of Landowners Under Wis Eminent Domain Law [Wis Stats 32.05]
Residents and businesses within the project limits have been contacted via mail.
Here is how to provide input until July 26, 2021:
- Fill out the online comment form
- Complete and mail the comment form found in the handout
- Call or email the project manager listed below
Your input is welcome and appreciated throughout the design process. Deaf or hard of hearing persons needing assistance should contact the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay system (dial 711).
- Local Officials Meeting: June 28, 2021
- Public Involvement: July 2021
- Construction: Spring 2023