WIS 105 from the Minnesota/Wisconsin state line in the village of Oliver east to WIS 35 (Tower Avenue) in the city of Superior.
The existing asphalt pavement is showing signs of deterioration. To address this and other issues, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation is proposing to:
- Repair the road core in spot locations of settlement.
- Repair select culverts.
- Make spot curb and gutter repairs in the village of Oliver.
- Upgrade or install curb ramps at pedestrian crossings in the city of Superior.
- Mill and overlay the parking lanes in the city of Superior with asphalt.
- Mill the existing asphalt pavement, including intersections, followed by overlaying the road with asphalt.
Some temporary limited easements, or TLEs, will be needed to complete culvert work.
- Construction currently is scheduled for August to November 2024 and spring and summer 2025.
During fall of 2024, WIS 105 in the Little Pokegama River and embankment failure areas will be limited to one-way traffic with temporary signals and 12-foot width restriction to repair the road core failure areas. A truck detour is also proposed during the repair of these areas:
- Truck detour route: WIS 35, US 2, I-35 and MN 23.
During 2025, WIS 105 will remain open to traffic, but motorists will encounter single-lane closures controlled by flagging.
A public involvement meeting to gather comments on the proposed project was held March 2, 2023. For more information, review the following:
WisDOT Northwest Region Project Leader
WisDOT Northwest Region Project Manager
WisDOT Northwest Region Project Supervisor
Christena T. O'Brien
WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Superior Office
1701 N. 4th St.
Superior, WI 54880