The 10.1-mile segment runs from the Pierce/Dunn County line in the town of Weston to WIS 25 in the town of Dunn, all in Dunn County.
The existing asphalt pavement on WIS 72 is showing signs of deterioration. To address this, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation is proposing to:
- Remove 2.25 inches of the existing asphalt pavement and place 3.25 inches of new asphalt.
- Install centerline rumble strips.
- Place and compact aggregate on the road shoulder.
- Replace the four wing walls on the Knights Creek Bridge.
- Complete culvert maintenance, including adding riprap to the box culvert east of 220th Street and sealing the joints on the box culvert east of 290th Street.
- Clear culverts and ditches.
- Replace guardrail.
- Mark the pavement.
- Complete restoration work.
- WIS 72 will remain open to through traffic during construction, but motorists might encounter:
- Single-lane closures controlled by flagging.
- Stops signs will be used to control traffic for wing wall replacement at Knights Creek Bridge.
Schedule - Updated
Construction currently is scheduled for 2028.
WisDOT is holding a virtual public involvement meeting to obtain input on this project. Please review the following:
WisDOT Northwest Region Consultant Manager
(608) 663-1218, ext. 809
WisDOT Northwest Region Project Supervisor
Christena T. O’Brien
WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701
(715) 836-2891, (800) 991-5285