WisDOT is proposing to rehabilitate approximately 3.6 miles of WIS 16 in the towns of Oconomowoc and Nashotah in Waukesha County. As part of this project, the Wisconsin Avenue bridge over the Oconomowoc River is also proposed for replacement.
Proposed Project Details
Proposed improvement include:
- Concrete repair and asphalt overlay on WIS 16 from WIS 67 to the Oconomowoc River
- Concrete pavement rehabilitation with mill and overlay as asphalt shoulders on WIS 16 from the Oconomowoc River to County P
- Replacement of Wisconsin Avenue bridge (B-67-579) over the Oconomowoc River
- Maintenance on several drainage culverts and inlets
- Concrete pavement rehabilitation with mill and overlay of asphalt shoulders on all ramps at the interchanges of WIS 67, Brown Street, and Sawyer Road
- Resurfacing of a segment of Wisconsin Avenue from WIS 67 to Brown Street, along with sections of Brown Street and Sawyer Road between the ramp intersections
Proposed Traffic Impacts
WIS 16 will remain open to traffic during construction. Traffic will be staged with one lane open in each direction of travel. Ramp and frontage road detours may be necessary at some times.
The Wisconsin Avenue Bridge over the Oconomowoc River will be closed during construction and a detour will be required.
The proposed traffic control plan is preliminary and is subject to change.
Construction is tentatively scheduled for 2028 and may be advanced to 2027 if funding is available.
Design phase -
Do you have any comments or questions? We'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to contact the project representatives below.
Jon Gill, WisDOT Project Manager
Chris Verhyen, Regional Communication Manager