WisDOT COVID-19 information
- WisDOT continues to monitor the public health crisis as it applies to essential highway maintenance and construction projects. Workers who support the construction of critical or strategic infrastructure are considered essential by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Wisconsin’s Safer at Home Order (Executive Order 12, issued March 24, 2020) allows travel for workers engaged in the operation and upkeep of infrastructure. No special documentation or permits are required.
- Workers are expected to continue to take precautions against the spread of COVID-19 at the office and job site. Monitor the
Wisconsin Department of Health Services for latest information and guidance.
With our partners in industry, we will strive to keep this construction season on schedule.
- Public involvement meetings and open houses for transportation projects are suspended temporarily and will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
- The department is reviewing options for alternative meeting formats.
- WisDOT will continue to rely on public input to help shape transportation projects and policies.
View active Southeast projects under construction (511 Wisconsin projects).
Southeast Region Design Projects and Studies
(Please note this is not an exhaustive list.)
View other projects around the state under study or in design.
In This Together
Learn how WisDOT works with businesses located in work zones through the
In This Together program.
Michael Pyritz, WisDOT Southeast Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
141 NW Barstow St.
P.O. Box 798
Waukesha, WI 53187-0798
Phone: (262) 548-5902
Fax: (262) 548-5662
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711