The proposed project will repair and resurface one mile of pavement on WIS 24 from the Milwaukee County Line to 110th Street. The scope of work includes:
- Resurface and overlay the existing asphalt pavement
- Repair any underlying concrete pavement
- Bridge deck sealing of structures B-40-765 and B-40-764 west of 110th St
- Upgrade existing pedestrian curb ramps to meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Standards
The WisDOT Bicycle and Pedestrian Unit has reviewed adding sidewalk along the project where none currently exists. The locations for consideration are:
- the south side between 110th and 116th Street
- the north side west of 116th, or the south side west of 118th to the western limits.
It is Hales Corners' policy that the parcels adjacent to the sidewalk are responsible for maintenance such as snow clearing. WisDOT is requesting feedback as part of the public Involvement phase and will share any public comments with the village board for their consideration for including the new sidewalk.
Traffic control for the project will be determined later during preliminary design. Options being evaluated include keeping the roadway open and construct under live traffic reduced to single lanes in each direction.
Status and Schedule
This project is currently in the preliminary design stages. The construction of this project is tentatively scheduled for 2028, but could be constructed in 2026 dependent upon funding.
Stakeholders are encouraged to review project details, ask questions, and provide comments that will assist WisDOT during the project’s design and construction. Please review the materials and provide comments by May 31, 2023. Comments can also be sent to the contact listed below.
Bob Bellin - Project Manager
Dan Sellers - Communications Manager