Project location |
Project overview |
US 12, County N (Cottage Grove) to WIS 26 (Fort Atkinson), in Dane and Jefferson counties
- Access and safety study to examine the existing environmental, social, and transportation related issues along US 12.
- It will include operational and safety analysis to guide the development of strategies and recommendations to improve the corridor.
- Strategies will be crafted with the goal of preserving the functional life of the existing two-lane highway for as long as possible.
- The greatest concerns for WisDOT are the existing at-grade intersections along US 12. As traffic increases over time, it could become increasingly difficult to access and cross US 12 from connecting roads and driveways in a safe manner. For this reason, identifying opportunities to manage access will be examined as part of the study.
- While the scope of this study will not include capacity expansion or community bypass alternatives, opportunities for other local circulation enhancements could be discussed and might be possible.
For more information on Public Involvement Meetings (PIM), hearings and other public activities, visit
- No construction activity at this time.
Study (Access and safety study) completed September 2014 with no construction activity at this time.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Phone: (608) 246-7928
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright St.
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843