Project overview |
Public involvement |
Traffic impacts/detours |
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) |
WIS 16/La Crosse St (West Ave. to Losey Boulevard), City of La Crosse – La Crosse County
The project is designed to improve safety, operations and pavement conditions along WIS 16 (La Crosse Street) in the city of La Crosse. The project will construct two 11-foot driving lanes and a 12-foot wide center turning lane. The center turn lane will allow drivers to merge out of the driving lane before making left turns, reducing the number of rear end crashes. On-street bike accommodations will be added along with flashing beacon systems at two locations.
The rehabilitation will help update the existing facility and utilities, increase the longevity of the roadway and improve the safety for all roadway users. The design includes two 11-foot driving lanes and a 12-foot wide center turning lane.
- Center turn lane will allow drivers to merge out of the driving lane before making left turns
- On-street bike accommodations
- Flashing beacon systems will be added at two locations to help pedestrians safely cross the road
- Intersection improvements at West Ave.
- October 24, 2019 - Public involvement meeting (PIM) #1
- 2022 - Construction anticipated June 6 to late November
Road will be closed and detoured to through traffic in stages between Losey and West Ave. Local traffic only. Detour route uses Main Street.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, La Crosse Office
3550 Mormon Coulee Road
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 785-9022
Fax: (608) 785-9969