Project location | Project overview | Schedule | Traffic impacts/detours | Status/phase | Contact information
WIS 26 (Milligan Road to Doty Street), Waupun to Chester - Dodge County
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is proposing to resurface a section of WIS 26 between 0.2 miles south of Milligan Road in the Town of Chester and Doty Street within the City of Waupun.
The following needs have been identified on this section of WIS 26:
- The existing pavement is cracked and will be replaced
- The existing curb ramps do not meet current ADA standards and will be updated
- The existing light poles within the WIS 26 raised median at the intersection at Shaler Drive do not meet standards and will require relocation
- The concrete base at the WIS 26 Underpass is aged and will be patched
- The existing guardrail at the WIS 26 Underpass does not meet current standards and will be replaced
- Resurfacing of the existing pavement
- Upgrading curb ramps to ADA standards
- Relocation of light poles
- Patching the concrete base at the WIS 26 underpass
- New guardrail
- Spring 2026 - Construction anticipated
Construction will be staged and occur under a flagging operation.
Mike Rampetsreiter, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800