Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 33 (Preston Ave to WIS 23), Reedsburg - Sauk County
The project will address 0.3 miles of deteriorating pavement on WIS 33 in Reedsburg (Preston Ave. to WIS 23). WisDOT is in the process of developing plans to resurface this 0.3-mile section of WIS 33 to extend the service life and improve safety. The main purpose of the project is to remove and replace the asphalt pavement.
Additional improvements include:
- Repaving the existing asphalt shoulders throughout corridor to improve safety
- New pavement marking
- Public involvement meeting #1 (PIM) - May 2020
- Construction - Spring 2023
The Department is currently evaluating two options relating to traffic during construction:
- First option - detour all traffic for all improvements on WIS 33.
- Second option - complete all necessary work under single lane closures with flagging operations both during the day and at night.
David Schmidt, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843