Project location | Project overview | Schedule | Traffic impacts/detours | Status/phase | Contact information
WIS 33 (La Valle St. to Preston Ave.), La Valle to Reedsburg - Sauk County
The project will be a 3.5-inch mill and overlay, with guardrail replacement, and will also update handicap ramps within the City of Reedsburg. The main purpose of this project is to address 6.5 miles of deteriorating pavement on WIS 33 between Reedsburg (Preston Ave.) and La Valle (La Valle St.) WisDOT is in the process of developing plans to resurface this 6.5-mile section of WIS 33 to extend the service life and improve safety. The project will remove and replace the asphalt pavement.
Additional improvements include:
- Repave the existing asphalt shoulders throughout corridor to improve safety
- Add shoulder rumble strips to improve safety
- Add centerline rumble strips to improve safety
- Installation of gravel shoulders to match the final roadway elevation
- New pavement marking
- Public involvement meeting #1 (PIM) - December 16, 2019
- Construction - Spring 2023
The Department is currently evaluating two options relating to traffic during construction:
- First option - detour all traffic for all improvements on WIS 33
- Second option - complete all necessary work under single lane closures with flagging operations both during the day and at night.
David Schmidt, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843