Project location | Project overview | Schedule | Traffic impacts/detours | Status/phase | Contact information
WIS 59 (WIS 106 to County Z), Palmyra - Jefferson County
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) plans to improve this 2.58 mile section of WIS 59, beginning in the Village of Palmyra and ending at the eastern limits of Jefferson County, by replacing the existing asphalt pavement. This treatment is needed to extend the pavement service life.
Additional Improvements include:
- Replacing Culvert Structure over the Scuppernong River, about 185 feet northeast of Mill Road
- Repairing Culvert Structure over the Scuppernong River, about 0.13 miles southwest of Zion Road
- Repairing Bridge Structure over the Scuppernong River, about 0.12 miles southeast of County H
- Upgrading the curb ramps in the Village of Palmyra along WIS 59
- Replacing the existing guardrail
- Replacing two storm sewer catch basins and isolated sections of curb and gutter
- Replacing pavement marking and installing centerline rumble strips
- March 11, 2022 - Public Involvement Meeting
- 2026 - Construction anticipated
Traffic is anticipated be detoured during construction along WIS 67 and US 12. Access will be maintained during construction for residents and local businesses to the greatest extent possible.
Matthew Lamb, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843