Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 60 (US 12 to Eagle View Court), Sauk City - Sauk County
The proposed project is a pavement replacement on WIS 60 in Sauk County between US 12 and Eagle View Court in the Villages of Sauk City and Prairie du Sac. The purpose of this project is to replace the deteriorating asphalt surface on WIS 60 and WIS 78. The existing pavement on WIS 60 is experiencing thermal and fatigue cracking and has a poor ride quality. In addition, there are a few stretches of long spacing between storm sewer inlets, as well as curb ramps in the project area that are not up to current ADA standards. The existing pavement will be removed and replaced with HMA pavement.
Additional improvements include:
- Replacement of curb and gutter
- Upgrading curb ramps to meet ADA standards
- Signalization/reconfiguration of the WIS 60/78 and County PF intersection
- Replacement of water utility lines and some sections of the sanitary sewer
- Replacement of sidewalk in the Village of Prairie du Sac
Small right-of-way purchases or easements are anticipated primarily in curb ramp locations
- 2027 - Construction anticipated
WIS 60 will be closed in stages during construction to through traffic and a detour route will be signed. Access to local residences and business on WIS 60 will be maintained.
Joshua Koebernick, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800