I-39 southbound/I-90 eastbound - Janesville - rest area 17
Janesville rest area
- 83 car and 78 truck parking stalls
- Men's and women's restrooms
- Family/assisted restroom
- Handicapped accessible
- Diaper changing facilities
- Drinking water
- Vending machines
- Travel/weather info
- Telephones plus TTY
- Wooded picnic area and tables
- Prairie demonstration plot
- Pet exercise area
- Recycling areas
- Original rest area opened in 1962.
- Truck Parking Information Management System (TPIMS)
- New building/enlarged site opened in 1995.
- Old "Original" style building was located in the picnic area.
- Companion rest area 18 in northbound direction was closed and demolished in 1996.
- "Rock River Industry" Historical Marker located on site.