Wisconsin Department of Transportation is involving the public to identify concerns, determine needs and develop recommendations for WIS 21. This page lists public involvement activities for the WIS 21 Planning Study.
Public Involvement Meetings (PIM), hearings and other meetings
None - Study concluded
- April 22, 2015 PIM - Recommended Alternative announced
- May 21, 2013 - PIM, Expressway conversion alternatives
- June 23, 2010 - PIM, Expressway and freeway alternatives
- Feb. 21, 2006 - PIM, Study kickoff
A questionnaire was mailed to a sample of businesses and residents along the WIS 21 corridor in February 2005. It served as a tool to better understand preliminary study issues and to help generate public awareness and encourage public participation during the transportation plan development.
Local officials stakeholder committee
WisDOT established a local officials stakeholder committee to provide information throughout the planning process. Committee members represent:
- Winnebago County
- Cities of Oshkosh and Omro
- Towns of Algoma and Omro
- East Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission
The WIS 21 local officials committee identified several WIS 21 concerns at their Dec. 2004 meeting.