Upcoming | Study location | Study overview | Adjacent projects | Schedule | Status/phase | Comments and updates |
Please visit the
Public Involvement page to view the most recent public involvement meeting materials.
WisDOT anticipates the third PIM for the US 51 (Stoughton Road) North study to be held in early 2024.
The US 51 (Stoughton Road) North Study begins at the WIS 30 interchange in Madison and continues to I-39/90/94 in the town of Burke.
The North Study will assess how best to accommodate traffic volumes with a focus on safety issues that affect travel along Stoughton Road.
Translated study overview
- Develop and finalize range of alternatives to address corridor needs
- Fall – Public Involvement Meeting anticipated
- Ongoing public involvement activities
- Select preferred alternative
- Complete environmental study
Planning/environmental study with no scheduled construction activity.
Comments and updates
WisDOT welcomes comments and suggestions related to this study.
- Comment online via the following link:
- Share comments at Public Involvement Meetings and other meetings
- Send comments via email to staff - listed below
WisDOT will announce public involvement opportunities and study updates through a variety of communication channels including social media, news releases and mailings.
Thank you for your interest in and assistance with this important study.
Jeff Berens, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager