Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 80 (County I to WIS 133), between Cobb & Avoca - Iowa County
The project will address 8.8 miles of pavement on WIS 80 from County Road I to WIS 133 between the Village of Highland and the Village of Avoca in Iowa County. The project will consist of resurfacing pavement (removing the top 2-inches of asphaltic pavement and adding 2-inches of asphaltic pavement) from County Road I to WIS 133.
Additional improvements include:
- Replacement of bridge structure B-25-176 over an unnamed tributary to Morrey Creek approximately 500 feet north of Dry Dog Road
- Replacement of guardrail at the bridge approaches
- Installation of centerline rumble strips between County Road I and County Road P N junction
- Installation of shoulder rumble strips from County Road P N junction to Old State Road 80
- Installation of permanent pavement marking
- September 21, 2022 - Public Involvement Meeting
- May 2024 - Final plans
- 2028 - Construction anticipated, project could advance to 2025 pending funding availability
County I to County P:
WIS 80 will be open to traffic during paving operations between County Road I and County Road P.
- Work will take place during the day under a lane closure with a flagging operation during paving operations.
County P to WIS 133:
WIS 80 will be detoured for thru traffic while replacing bridge structure B-25-176 over an unnamed tributary to Morrey Creek and for paving operations between County Road P and WIS 133.
- Locals will be able to access WIS 80 during the project.
Derek Potter, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843