Brown, Calumet, Door, Fond du Lac, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Marinette, Oconto, Outagamie, Sheboygan and Winnebago counties.
WIS 54, Duck Creek Bridge, County Community Sensitive Design (CSD) concepts
- Construction of the Duck Creek Bridge, located in the Oneida Tribe of Indians of Wisconsin Reservation, started in 2013. The new bridge and pedestrian bridge are constructed and open to traffic.
- This project is the result of coordination between WisDOT NE Region and Oneida Tribal Members.
- WisDOT met with members of Oneida Division of Land Management monthly to keep the project on schedule.
- The new Duck Creek Bridge will provide public transportation both vehicular and multimodal for years to come.
- This project will also expand on the current trail system in Oneida and use the current Duck Creek Bridge as a pedestrian overpass, finishing a Safe Routes to School grant that the Oneida Tribe of Indians of Wisconsin received.
WisDOT, along with the Oneida Tribe, received an award from FHWA for its cooperative work getting the real estate purchased for the Duck Creek Bridge.
WIS 172 roundabout
WisDOT worked with the Oneida Nation when installing two roundabouts within tribal boundaries. The roundabouts have come to be known as the turtle roundabouts.