Certified driver and vehicle records


Wisconsin law enforcement officers, district attorneys and court staff

You can request a certified driver or vehicle record through the Department of Justice's (DOJ) Wisconsin's Law Enforcement Members Resource Site: WILENET​.

If you do not have a WILENET password, the website provides information on getting one. If you already have a password:

  • Log on
  • Select "Features" from the menu at the top
  • Select "Department of Transportation"
  • Choose "Certified Driver Record Request" or "Certified Vehicle Record Request"

You may enter a single request or several at a time.

All other public requests for certified driver and vehicle records

To process your request for a certified copy of a driver or vehicle record:

  • ​​Complete a Vehicle/Driver Record Information Request MV2896.
  • Indicate in the comment area of Section B that the record needs to be certified.
  • Make check payable to "Registration Fee Trust." We will bill you if additional fees are required to complete your request. The fees are listed on the form and are different for driver and vehicle records.
  • Mail check (do not send cash) and form MV2896 to the appropriate address indicated on the form.

Note: All record requests received by Wisconsin DMV must be accompanied by the appropriate fee per record. The search fee is charged regardless if a record is found with the information provided. MV2896 forms received with the inappropriate or no fee may either be returned to the requestor and/or billed for the difference due.​​

Email Wisconsin DMV email service