Motor carriers and trucking

This one stop shop provides you with all the information you need to work as a trucker in Wisconsin.

Semi truck driving down the road​​   

  • Notice: Emergency load restrictions have been put into place on the Hwy 53 bridge and its approach roadways in Duluth. View the Minnesota DOT news release for more information concerning these restrictions.

  • Due to Emergency Orders #12 and #28, the Motor Carrier Services counter continues to be closed to the public until further notice. Motor Carrier staff is available to answer calls and emails and our online services remain unaffected.

    Please contact the Motor Carrier Registration Unit at (608) 266-9900 or

  • Please note: Counter hours and procedures have changed for the Motor Carrier Registration Unit and the Oversize/Overweight Permit Unit. Learn more about these changes for the Motor Carrier Counter and the Oversize/Overweight Counter. View the informational video to see where to go for counter service and how to navigate the Hill Farms State Office Building.

Online services

Motor carrier forms, publications, and videos

Interstate vehicle credentials (cross state lines)

Intrastate vehicle credentials (operate within Wisconsin only)

Both interstate and intrastate vehicles

Oversize/overweight vehicle permits

Commercial driver license (inter and intra)

Motor carrier enforcement and truck safety

Other publications

Freight movement (road, rail, water or sky)

Related links

Questions about the content of this page:

Motor Carrier Services
Phone: (608) 266-9900